Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dyeing - Oh My.....

I have been wanting to try my hand at dyeing for quite some time. Kendra came home from a friend's house with a t-shirt she had dyed. It needed rinsing. Instead of watching all that lovely dye go down the drain I caught in a big pot. Then I started scouring around for things to throw in. (Good thing we don't have a white cat---) I found an old curtain, a piece of vintage Sister Parrish fabric, muslin, canvas and a lovely linen handkerchief I picked up at Savers. The linen handkerchief I tied with string - my first shibori - everything else just went in the pot. What you see above is the result of about 10 hours in the dye, rinsed, washed in the machine and dried in the dryer. I am hooked. Just don't tell my dear husband there are yet more art supplies to be had and they coming into the house. It is going to be a very colorful spring. If anybody who lives in the area wants to come play for a dye day let me know. The more the merrier.

No comments: