Saturday, January 1, 2011

Being Light



This is how I feel about the new year. Filaments of light suspended in space.

This was taken at a recent visit to MassMoCA in North Adams, MA. (I can't find my note on the artist name, I will get back to you with that. ) It is a homage to the Hoosac Tunnel in the Berkshires. The sculpture of mono-filament and light is large enough to walk in. It was a magical experience. My husband and I stood face to face surrounded by this light and I just shivered. I feel I can't be completely eloquent because it was a profound experience. If you are within a reasonable driving distance to North Adams, MA I urge you to experience this sculpture.

______________________________________________


I hope to not feel this way about the new year. That's me in the corner. Kinda looking like Little Miss Muffet. Wrapper paper never looked so ominous.

No comments: