Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Saying Yes to Tangents

Tangents can be a good thing. I have to embrace them because I have the attention span of a gnat. I have been very focused on a group of small quilts - see them on etsy, if you like:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6287566.

I love them, love making them and am working to perfect the design, expand the size offerings and market the heck the out of 'em. But over the holiday I saw something that intrigued me and I had to try it out. Natural materials with unnatural materials. What if I started to add grass and twigs to quilts? What would that be like? Turns out it is pretty nifty. Definitely poses some technical challenges, but overall quite satisfying. I will be posting pictures tomorrow. I said Yes, to the idea and swam with it. Thankfully.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Love tangents!! Can't wait to see where you go with the new pieces!