Monday, December 1, 2008

Swimming

Let me start by talking about this blog's title. Swimming in the Sea. Titles flip me out. When I sat down to start my etsy page and the setup asked for my shop name and stated in big bold letters - this may never change!- I panicked. I had to stop. It took me three days to come to the conclusion-of what I already knew-my name is my brand. I had always gone by arcticmermaid. Unfortunately arctic is a word that get misspelled a lot. But for some reason this title-Swimming in the Sea-came so easily. Like swimming, like floating. It is what I strive to do in the studio. Swim through my thoughts, ideas, materials. Feel cold, warm, exhausted, exhilarated all at the same time. Swimming. My favorite thing to do. So why is my favorite season winter?

No comments: